Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please advise...

Here's the deal. I got a bad case of the flu around the 10th of Feb. I was sick for well over 10 days. I was exhausted and had to move on top of being sick. I moved into the home on Feb. 20th. Since I have been here at the new house, I wake up daily with a bad headache, stuffy nose and ear noises and fullness. I went to the doc and he said I have allergies. I never get seasonal allergies so I am worried that I might be allergic to something in the home. New carpeting was installed in the beginning of Dec. but I aired out the house many times prior to moving in. We found wet concrete on the basement walls and a leak by bilco doors. I was concerned about mold. The mold inspector said there was a trivial amount but not harmful. Today I have another bad headache and sinus pressure. Any advice?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Health

Answers (7)
  • You could get allergy testing and see if you are allergic to a specific mold.
    ria7

    Answer by ria7 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • Are you sure you haven't developed a sinus infection? Even if the source is an allergy, you can develop a sinus infection. Before I had sinus surgery I was constantly getting infections due to my seasonal allergies.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • Hi. The doc said I don't have a sinus infection. I feel awful. There are different kinds of trees around my house....not sure what they are. However, I've tried keeping windows closed and stayed in to see if I felt better and I didn't.
    Anonymous

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • Maybe you could have the air ducts cleaned at the house.
    ria7

    Answer by ria7 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • People react differently to mould. If you've had a previous exposure, you could be more prone to a reaction. That's happened to my husband and I due to a terrible apartment we lived in. I'd get a second opinion on the mould.
    Nonoluna

    Answer by Nonoluna at 11:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • We had the ducts cleaned out and they found mold spores on the vents but sprayed mold killing spray in the duct work. The furnace was cleaned and has new filters.
    Anonymous

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • I would see if you can get allergy testing done. Then atleast you know what to fix. It would be a shame to pay for more mold testing when its dust, or trees or something else that is bothering you.
    ria7

    Answer by ria7 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN