...

i don't understand
how people can tell me, as a Christian, to have an open mind,
but then because of a status on my facebook, they delete me as a friend?
they want me to be open minded only if i agree or am going to say something they want to hear. isn't it hypocritical to tell someone be open minded but then not be open minded themselves?

i don't go around shuving things down peoples throat i state what i believe, just as anyone else states what they believe on my questions, status', and so forth.

if you aren't willing to accept ANYONES answer as to what they believe, then don't ask the question to the general public.

another thing:
when i ask "followers of Christ" it is because i want followers of Christ to answer, and am not interested in what those who do not believe have to say. quit trying to stir things up with your answers where they aren't wanted. obviously if you have a question about my question as to followers of christ feel free to ask it just don't give me how you think what i believe is false. quit trolling!

opinions to follow please

fordeeperroots

Asked by fordeeperroots at 11:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My opinion, if you only want to get answers from followers of the same belief as you, you should ask at your church. Since this is a public social site, you ask and you will get opinions from every walk of life regardless of who you were targeting.

As for the rest, "isn't it hypocritical to tell someone be open minded but then not be open minded themselves?" it is hypocritical but there is not one among us that is perfect or without sin. We can only strive to live in God's image and that's is the best we can do. We all will fault but that's the blessing of Jesus, he will accept us no matter how we are if we only ask. Some days for me, that happens several times a day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I understand your vent, but this is a public forum and anyone can give their two cents worth.

Answer by older at 11:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• true Jademom
    it's just frustrating. i mean it's like they can ask their questions to people of their own beliefs and i'm not on there personally telling them what they believe is a bunch of crock, but i ask my question i don't get that same respect, i just wish they'd stop and think before they post on a question that isn't targeted to them.

i guess i just need to let it roll off my back and move on. i mean it's only a big deal because i'm making it that way. *sigh*
    fordeeperroots

Comment by fordeeperroots (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i honestly believe we are all close-minded to what we believe. i never claimed to be open-minded just find it odd to be told to have a open mind by someone who is also close minded. makes no sense to me.

at any rate... i was just venting.
    fordeeperroots

Comment by fordeeperroots (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Re-read your own post here. Pay particular attention to this section

another thing: when i ask "followers of Christ" it is because i want followers of Christ to answer, and i am not interested in what those who do not believe have to say. quit trying to stir things up with your answers where they aren't wanted.

Pot meet kettle!!!  You're either a hypocrite or ignorant that you are contradicting yourself.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• when i'm asking "followers of Christ" questions i'm not asking them to the general public, i'm spec. asking them to followers of Christ, if you aren't a follower of christ why answer the question?
    i mean i'm not going to answer a question that starts out "fellow atheists" or some other type of heading that isn't intended for me to answer from a Biblical stand point. that is why i put followers of christ in the beginning.

when asking a general question to the general public there is no heading. maybe i should start heading them "to anyone it may concern" ?
    fordeeperroots

Comment by fordeeperroots (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Did you post it on a Public Forum? (Here's a clue the Answers section IS a public forum,) If yes, then anyone can answer, even those with opposing views, (though it's not like the answers you were given on that question insulted your beliefs in anyway, it answered the question without attacking anyone). Just because someone might not follow your beliefs doesn't mean that they don't understand them. And when posting in a forum like cafemom answers you need to be prepared to realize that you might not get answers that always agree with you or your beliefs. It's in the Community Guidelines for goodness sake.
    When you post something, especially about a controversial topic, expect that your viewpoints and opinions may be vigorously questioned, challenged, and held up to scrutiny. If having your opinions challenged and being expected to defend your position will make you uncomfortable, please don't post about that topic.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• CafeMom tries to be a place where people can express their opinion and practice freedom of speech, even if their message is extremely controversial or of questionable validity. That means that you might feel something is "wrong" and doesn't belong on CafeMom, and we might disagree. We feel that sometimes the best way to defend against ignorant or prejudicial speech is with more speech.

KristiS11384

• KristiS11384
    fair enough
    fordeeperroots

Comment by fordeeperroots (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• How could you possibly know anything about being open minded....you seem so close minded yourself.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2011