New Ohio Law, school employees

So, my husband just informed me there's a new law the governer is trying to pass, that will replace all school employees with other company employees. Like, bus drivers with be replaced with greyhound bus drivers, ect. To "help" the economy, by hiring business employees. What's up with that!? Then it'll just be other people out of jobs, the people who need it most imo. My husband has worked faithfully to the school district literally since he graduated high school himself. He's never went to school, he planned to, but didn't. So, this is all he knows. I think it's rediculous!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• tell hubby to stop listening to his union rep or the local teamster.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:35 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yep he should read what is going on for himself and not listen to his union reps who have their own agenda that doesn't involve representing the people who pay them dues.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Somehow I doubt that is truth. Lets see in order to solve our problems we are going to lay off a bunch of people who know the bus routes, students, etc and pay them unemployment and then turn around and hire greyhound drivers who has a HUGE surplus of drivers just sitting around doing nothing and put them on bus routes where they have no training driving on back country roads, city streets, etc. Their main driving experience is highway. I think the unions are really getting the scare tactics out there and believe their blind following of union employees are going to believe it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Good grief is this what it has evolved into? People need to wake up and research the issues themselves.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• And lets not talk bus drivers alone. There's the teachers, principals, secretary's, janitors, coaches, etc. There are just thousands and thousands of these people qualified that are sitting at home to fill these jobs while we fire the others who we will now pay unemployment to. Why is it that people can't think or use common sense?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• And some say the libs don't use scare tactics
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You need to find and read the actual bill he's referring to. I doubt that is actually the case. It's flat out dangerous to get information through the grape vine.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If they info came from the Union I would look into it....... In WI people who were already retired were getting calls from people telling them that they were going to lose their pensions because of the bill.... Which is pure BS and scared the crap out of some. Before anyone asks it was people calling in on news radio so no links sorry.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• OP, do you have the text/name of the bill your husband is talking about?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• eye rolling

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2011