What "cell phone" would you suggest for my "needs"?

Here is what I want:

Touch screen *
QWERTY keyboard (slid, flip or virtual)
HTML browser
Music Player (with audio tuner, play the music through the radio)* 
micro SD memory slot
Bluetooth capability
NON Smartphone (I don't want to pay for the Smartphone data plan) 
3+ megapixial camera*
Video recording 

* items that are negotiable

We are technically with Verizon Wireless (still have a US Cellular plan from two buy outs ago, we will have to switch when we up grade phones) but if I can find the phone unlocked that would work too. I don't care if it is an "older model" as long as I get the features that I want. I know I'm being very picky, but I've put allot of thought in to what I will be living with for the next 2 years. 

Thanks so much for reading and helping me make a decision. 

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 11:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Technology

• Have you tried looking on ebay or amazon? Thats where I get most of my phones.
    jaydensmommy427

Answer by jaydensmommy427 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• The only phone I can think of is an iPhone.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have done some looking on Amazon. I'me just worried if I get one that is a smartphone they will require the $30 smart phone data plan. I'm willing to pay for internet access, but I want the feature phone plan (10-15). Do you know if they would?
    hillmom

Comment by hillmom (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• They might still have the LG EnV touch. I had that when I was with Verizon, it was the new model of the Voyager and it was ok. I had some glitches but over all it was ok. I just got fed up with Verizon and went back to Sprint. Their customer service was much better and honestly, my service is just as good as Verizon's. My husband and I each have Droids and pay about $150 a month for unlimited data & web and 1500 mins between the two of us. Plus our night minutes starts at 7.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Sprint and AT&T have much better pricing. The problem is we need coverage in the mountains. Verizon and AT&T are the only carriers that have coverage at my in-laws house. DH doesn't want to wait until Sept (our contract is up) to switch companies, he wants a new phone now (the CASIO G'zOne Ravine).

If he upgrades his phone (main line), but I don't will that put both of the lines on a new 2 year contract or just him?
    hillmom

Comment by hillmom (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Check out the blackberry.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Have you looked into other carriers? We use Straight Talk, which is a prepaid service. DH has a blackberry type phone and pays $45 a month for unlimited use- unlimited calls, texts, and data. His phone, which was about $200, has a full sliding keyboard, micro slot, music player, browser, bluetooth capability, and a camera (not sure of the megapixils, though). I just have a regular phone (I think it was around $100) and it had all of the above as well. I only pay $30 a month, prepaid. I get 1000 anytime minutes, 1000 texts, and 30 MB of data usage. The only downside is that the phone can only be used within the US and can only call US numbers. But hey, if you don't travel out of country or call out of country... :-D
    lebrbria

Answer by lebrbria at 8:30 AM on Mar. 4, 2011