Gas Prices & the economy

Obviously anyone with half a brain realizes high gas prices are going to directly effect our economy. I am not just talking about the rising cost of food either.

I know for me personally I will be looking at the events we do and cutting down. I have been talking to other moms I know and they are doing the same thing. We all know it will effect the economy (especially locally) but we feel there is no other choice. DD will be giving up one or two classes a month since two of the classes are two towns over. The gas to go to those classes twice a week (total of 4 times a week for both) will be too much to make it worth it. That means those two companies offering my dd classes will lose money. They probably will end up cutting back employees if a lot of other moms make the same decisions (and many are). We also eat out after classes (4 times a week) and again that money wont go to the restaurants who are used to the money every week. See how this spirals and effects everyone?
So what are you cutting back on to save on gas?

Asked by gemgem at 11:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• My husband made the wise choice and got rid of his V8 camaro gas guzzler and we got him a small truck that is not a 4x4 either. He only drives down the road to the base for work (when he's home) and realizes he doesn't need the sports car right now. We were making payments on his camaro too and the new truck is paid for. Once he gets home, he also plans on riding his bicycle to work on the nice days with a buddy. This is how we are going to cut back on gas :)
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Any non-essential travel--if does not include going to work or the grocery store it will most certainly be looked at very carefully to see if it is worthwhile.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• CassiRae my 17 yr old just bought a Camaro LOL. I told him he was insane with gas prices. I figure he will have it maybe 6 mths and get something else.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I gota corolla verses what i had a mini van
    Anonymous