Ok ladies, Am I over-reacting to husband wanting to look nice for work??

Ok, my husband is a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. Lately, he has been wearing different clothing to work. (he works for crayons, in production setting) I know women work there, which is no big deal. I know recently they hired more people,including women. So last night when he was picking out clothes, I said jokingly, who are you trying to impress. I also said, in cosmo if a guy suddenly wants to look nice,then he must like someone. Then he got very mad at me and said he is not acheater. And what's wrong to want to look nice. But if that's true,then why did he say, what's wrong if I want to look nice for a girl/women. WTF! Then I said, is there someone in particular you want to look nice for, and said he didn't mean for it to sound like that, just wants people to get a good impression of him. If you are married, then why care what .others think. I smell bulls***! Ok, what do you think? In light, of this, very good husband, always comes home after work,etc. I just get scared,b/c workplace is where pole tend to flirt/cross boundaries....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you may be over-reacting. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to present yourself in the best light possible in a professional setting. IMO that's exactly what he's trying to do.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 12:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You either trust your husband or you don't. There's no middle ground. Personally I would prefer to think that my husband is wanting to impress his supervisor and possibly get a raise or promotion. I trust him. You need to look at yourself and ask if he has ever given you a reason to doubt him. Does he come home nightly and hold you tight or does he come home and push you away? Does he laugh and smile or is he secretive and moody? Only you can decide but from the little you said here I would say you owe him an apology.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Maybe there is a position at work that he is trying to vie for.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• He might be bucking for a promotion, you know. They do advise to dress for the position you WANT.

Yeah, I think you overreacted.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I cal bs if this is a sudden change. I am not say that he is cheating but sound to me like he may be working himself up to. I could be totally wrong maybe it is a promotion he is seeking but I would have a serious talk with him and keep your eye open for more signs.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I also think you are overreacting.He wants to look nice for his job...this does not all of the sudden mean he wants to impress a woman! Maybe someone said something about his lack of effort on appearance at work and he has realized he needs to step it up a little. If they are hiring new people, maybe he's worried about his position at work that someone more professional will take over his spot.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I did apologize, and even tested him saying I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I am just very jealous,I guess lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Well my husband also works in a production setting and if he suddenly wanted to look nice I might wonder too lol. He always says he wants to wear his worst clothes to work because there is no sense in ruining his nice things. I dont think youre over reacting if he has changed his pattern.

Answer by gemgem at 12:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• When I read your post, the thing that stood out to me was that they just hired a bunch of new people... He may be worried about his current position. Have they also been getting rid of old employees and bringing new? Maybe he feels as though he needs to step up his game to secure a position. In the end, you know your husband better than anyone else. If you are truly worried maybe you need to sit down and talk about it. GL
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• In my opinion if he got angry right away at the question there may be something going on.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011