If you give thank you gifts do you still need to send cards too?

I am having a large baby shower by my in laws and I think that small gifts with thank you will be fine. Yet my Mother IN LAW wants me to send thanks you cards after the shower . I am having twins and have a 2 year old son and I ask should I have to worry about writing cards to some 100 people who attended with personalized thank you note. I think that I am very grateful but I also know that with 3 kids under 3 I might have something that I need to attend too.

Help moms what are your opinions on this?

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 12:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I did thank you treats that said thank you on them something simple and they took one at the shower!!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Alot pf people in your mothers in laws age range think it is rude to not send a handwritten note saying thank you for attending and the lovley gift. I think whatever you choose to do will be fine atleast your saying thank you some people dont even do that.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I'd just send a little thank you note on the card. You don't need to write a whole letter just a 'thanks for ______. I can't wait to use it' or 'thanks for _______ it's so helpful!'
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think it is nice to send a thank you card. An easy way to do it is to have a thank you printed at walmart with a photo on it and some words thanking the guests. You can take a thin sharpie and write a personal not on the back for guests who went above and beyond.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2011