Broken nail fix?

My thumb nail is beginning a crack.. I don't want it to break anymore.. i use it for my cell phone keyboard and is my main internet connection.. how can I fix it? help! it's an emergency! haha. my nails are natural.

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I had this happen, but beyond the skin. I just kept putting on plain ole super glue. Once it wore away, chipped off or whatever, I'd just apply another drop or two. Kept doing this til it grew out long enough to cut.

But the tea bag idea - sounds great!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I used to use tea bags. cut open a tea bag and cut it to the size you need. then apply some super glue to the crack and lay the tea bag over the superglue and let it dry. Take a good emory board and file down the roughest edges and apply a couple coats of filler coat or top coat. Then you'll have to paint a color to the nail, the tea bag repair will be visible. I used this trick for years and years and it would keep the nail together for about 4-5 days.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• thank you! i didn't think of super glue! just repaired it!
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• you can go to a salon and have a wrap put on it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011