Hyperemesis gravidarum PLEASE HELP!!!!

I had this with my second pregnancy and had to go to the er. what are the cahnces i will get it with this pregnancy? How many of you have had this and have you had it with multiple pregnancies or just one. i am scared i will get it with this pregnancy as well. i g to my first drs ppointment on tuesday i will be around 8 weeks. i have started getting naueous but i am afraid of getting that bad again. i dont havve anyone to help me with my other kidds this time.so i want to avoid it if at ll possible. please let me know if you had it and what al the dr did in your next pregnancy if you had another.

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 12:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Do you mean hyperemesis? I have never heard of hypnosis..... Maybe I missed something.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 12:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• isnt it REALLY REALLY bad morning sickness?? this is my third pregnancy with my first no morning sickness(girl) with my second i was throwing u every morning(boy) and this one i had severe morning sickness the worst of all three(boy) so for me it depends on what the baby is every pregnancy is different tho
    mckeemama

Answer by mckeemama at 2:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• yes sorry i googled it i couldnt remember the name ans cut and pasted it. is there any way to avoid it.
    brittanybell

Comment by brittanybell (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• no theres not really a way to avoid it you can go to the doc and get a perscription for nausea
    mckeemama

Answer by mckeemama at 5:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Zofran is amazing.

Also, try sipping on lemon water a little throughout the day.

I had horrible morning sickness with my kids. The last one wasn't too bad, but the other times were AWFUL.

Keeping your electrolytes up will help, and the nurses reminded me that peanut butter is easy to digest. (I hate peanut butter, but they were right!)
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 7:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2011