I dont have insurance...help

Well I recently got off my parents insurance because I turned 19. Well I think Im pregnant. It would cost a furtune to go to the obgyn without insurance. I can take a HPT but I need the care that they can give. And SO make way to much money to get on State I think. And I dont want to get married just for insurance. I mean we are already getting married but I dont want to bump it up because of that. Anyways any suggestions? I dont want any negative feedback please!! I might be young but I am set...we have our own house and live very independent. I just dont know what to do about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• get married you said your getting married anyways right? well just do it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i would go apply for medical assisstance for now. do you live with your SO? you may think he makes too much but you can only try and if you don't live with him it doesn't matter what he makes. i'll probably get bashed for this but its noones business soo. we have been haveing a hard time lately putting of bills to buy food so i went and applied for foodstamps for the time being and i honestly did think they would say that he made too much but they helped me out you are pregnant you need to see doctors give it a try
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yes I live with my SO...we make 30 dollars an hour together. He makes 16 dollars a hour and I make 14...we dont even qualify for WIC. People may think that its alot of money but when you have bills and other stuff its really not. But we cant qualify for food stamps either. I mean I could go out and buy insurance for 200 dollars a month and afford it...but after the baby would be born there is no way I could afford that. And that kind of insurance is sucky. It would cost 300 dollars to get the good kind. And I also need that extra money for a car...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Pregnancy medicaid is easier to get than fs or kids medicaid.They look at how much is brought into the home and how much is paid out in bills and food and stuff.If I was you I'd go and apply,the worst that can happen is they tell you no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My husband made way too much when I was pregnant with my son. We lived together but weren't married at the time. His income has nothing to do with you until the baby is born. You will qualify, believe me!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• If you are not married, then you can apply for medicaid. You are not going to be insured by his insurance until youre married. I don't think medicaid will use his income but I am not sure since you said you live with him. If you truly think your set, then just get married so that you can have insurance. I know you don't think its a good reason, but if you try to come out of pocket for this, then you will so wish you were insured. Plus, private insurance is SO much easier to deal with. The state is difficult. They make everything hard.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i would try for medicaid and see what they say, it doesn't hurt to try.and if that dont work since u are already getting married i'd go ahead for the ins. b/c i just had a baby with no ins. and i owe about 10,000$ in dr. bills. but then again his ins may not pick u up if y'all did get married b/c it is considered a pre existing condition i know b/c i even tried to buy ins and thats why i couldn't get it. so, u may just have to meet with a dr. and set up some payment plans like i did but that needs to be done asap. try he health dept. for ur pregnancy test, it should be free and they could help with a medicaid application. GOODLUCK!!!
    FallonBlackmnon

Answer by FallonBlackmnon at 3:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'm not sure what state you live in but I work for the state of tx and it doesn't really matter as long as you don't make over $40,000 a year you can qualify for pregnancy medicaid. They are not too picky about qualifications when it comes to pregnancy medicaid they just want to make sure the baby is taken care of. You should try anyway and that way if you qualify after the baby is born you will have insurance for up to three months after the baby is born and the baby will have insurance until he/she turns a year old.
    kesha263

Answer by kesha263 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2008