If you were told that you were pregnant with multiple and need to reduce would you?

You go in for your regular ultrasound but this time there are some extra heart beat . Like just say you are now expecting 4 or 5 babies and the medical professional tell you that reduction would increase your chances of having 2 healthy babies but there is no risk just might.

What would you do as the doctors keep pushing reduction of the fetus when there is nothing that say that your kids will die or not ?

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 12:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would have all my babies. Pregnancy is a risk anyways alot of things can go wrong. I would just inform him we need a medical plan because I am not reducing my babies. I would do my research maybe join a group where moms have been through this to and maybe get an extra credit card or two so i can prepare for this little ones. I expect the best when I have 1 child and I will expect the best if I have 5.
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 12:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Id tell them no. I dont believe in abortion and if they cannot respect that I could find someone who would.

Answer by gemgem at 12:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I couldnt do it!!!!! those are all living little babies and if there is no def. risk i dont see the point, good luck to you God Bless!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• that's a hard question... My stepmother and my father just had 4 not to long ago and it was a very longand hard journey but they now have 4 healthy happy 3 year olds. I am prochoice but don't know if I could personally have an abortion
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• idk i would be scare but i think i would let god handle it life is about chances
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 12:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would never abort. How do you decide who gets a death sentence?? Not my call. Ever.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If it meant saving my life and some of the babies, yes I would.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• That's a tough situation. Good luck with whatever you decide is best.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011