My best friend called me upset yesterday panicking and crying and angry( sexual assault or harrassment) the boy has asberger's UPDATE IN BLUE adult content

I would be to after what she told me. her son has  asberger's syndrome. He is 14 years old. there has been a kid threatening to beat his head in and we are not sure if it is the same boy or not. but anyway this boy grabbed his groin area yesterday at school which set him off. he hit the kid. then ran to his class , he was ripping his folders and tossing his desk it took a team of people at school to intervene to find out what set him off. he told them so now they are searching through the tapes to see if they can find the boy who done it. the thing is her son just informed the school it happened a week ago to. She is not sure how to handle this and i am not sure what to tell her to do. She is angry and upset as i would be to if it were my child. can she file charges? or should she just let the school handle it? her son has a gap in his brain where it did not fully develop either and she is afraid if he gets assaulted by being beat up it could kill him. I don't know what to do to help her. any advice please thank you

UPDATE: mom had to talk the boy into going to school he freaked out and did not want to go and said mom if it happens again and i going to have to hit someone again. the school found it on camera apparently random let us just grab the first person i see and do this. there were four kids involved. but the one boy grabbed groin area and a girl grabbed his rear. he turned around and hit a boy with notebook wrong boy he hit the one who did not touch him. they got the boy and girl who did it and had them in their offices for two hours. his mom stayed at the school today to try to calm him. the boy and girl are being suspended but she does not know for how long. she hopes more then two days.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes she can file charges. In fact I would make sure she does. Schools have a tendency of wanting to brush things under the table because something like this isnt excusable as minor violence. That makes the school look bad when an assault or sexual harassment and against a special needs child happens. I would make sure from her on out she documents every conversation with the school, she contact the authorities and all of that. It isnt something to mess around with.

Answer by gemgem at 1:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would definitely file charges. I agree with gemgem!
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 1:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Regardless of having that he can still be charged. Tell her to call ASAP
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• She can file charges, but until the school finds out who did this to her son, she has no one she can charge unless she wants to sue to school for negligence.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Oh my gosh! That is so sad. I hope they are able to file assault charges.
    rain408

Answer by rain408 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• File for assult at the local police station asap.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• The school will want to handle it but I'd file charges with the police to make sure it was handled properly

Answer by admckenzie at 1:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• She needs to read in the school manual on what the written policy is on sexual harassment. And then make sure that it is enforced along with the bullying policy.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• That is awful !!! Yes, she should press charges. I made the mistake of not doing that because the school felt as though my daughter was provoking the boy. He was spreading rumors that she was pregnant and would have sex w/ anyone and much more.She is 12 on the outside but on the inside much younger.
    rxann

Answer by rxann at 5:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• She is taking him to a counselor to talk because he is afraid to go to school, he is afraid he will have to hit someone again. She is getting a letter from the school because she is afraid the counselor will call child services on her. i keep trying to explain they won't.
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 5:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2011