Is it acceptable to verbally abuse someone because you didn't like something they said?

Is that acceptable? If someone says something you don't like, is it a license to tear them apart? What are we teaching our kids?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• No it is not right but the saying is true " The Truth Hurts" and people can't handle the truth ,so they resolve to making you feel as bad as the truth makes them feel!!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 2:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No it is not. The one's that do abused are acting childish and are setting a very bad example.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think it would be more effective to just tell them I didn't like what they said. No, verbal abuse isn't acceptable.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No not acceptable....but it happens.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Listen stupid! I dont like your tone! Shut up!

just kidding...........(OP knows I am)

I don't understand it myself. I think some people just can't stand for it when there is an opinion or belief that differs from their own. You can't always be right but some people sure try (even it means doing nothing more then making a bunch of noise)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It is NEVER ok to verbally abuse someone. Doesn't matter the reason.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No. But it does happen. Tempers are lost, mistakes are made. If it's an all the time thing, then I'd be doing some soul searching to find out why I'm putting up with it, but EVERYBODY snaps sometimes. I know I do.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No its never acceptable to abuse anyone, verbally, emotionally, mentally or physically. And who is teaching them that?

Answer by gemgem at 1:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think making hurtful comments in general is a horribly ugly thing to do. Im guessing your refering to your answers to the does my stomache look like it dropped question since you were just over there.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I just think they took it too far. How they took my comment was not where it came from, and when I did reiterate, I got personally attacked, lied on, and got hit way below the belt. You don't have to agree with me, but putting me down as an entire person is wrong.
    How is that any better? What is the point? I've seen people gang up on others on here quite a bit. Not just me. They ripped some poor girl apart last night for not agreeing with them as well.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011