Ovulation???

okay so I have irregular periods due to birth control that will be removed in a few weeks and am planning on ttc after it is removed so I just started keeping track of my cycles or at least trying due to the irregularities. here is the situation.... I started the 21st of feburary and i know usually the ovulation date is on or around the 14th day of the cycle but today I experienced a few sharp pains within that weren't like cramps...could this be ovulation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It could mean that. Have you heard that you can take your basal temperature to also see when you are ovulating. This is the temperature you take just when you wake up each morning, but it is helpful to take it at the same time every morning. That helped me to know when I was ovulating. Maybe there is more specific information online somewhere. The book I was using was really big! And I forget the title LOL!
    StacN8

Answer by StacN8 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Go to whattoexpect.com Preconception tab. There is an ovulation calculator there that will tell you when you ovulate. You put the date in of your last period and the number of days in that cycle - whatever it is, put in in - no averaging - so, 26, put in 26, it will tell you a range of days you ovulate - usually a 5 day window - you ovulate only 2 of those days pretty much, so you can purchase a opk (ovulation predictor kit) and test those days. If the result line is darker then the test line, you are ovulating.......we BD (baby dance) pretty much all of the days before the 5 day window and during ovulation, when the test says.................we now have a baby girl who is 7 months old ...good luck!
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It could be. To count when you ovulate its 14 days after the first day of your period. BUT you want to have sex on day 12, 14, and 16. Those are the best days to conceive. Good Luck!
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 11:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2011