Do you walk to your kids school to pick them up, or do you drive?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• he rides the school bus

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have to drive if I pick them up, it's too far to walk. However, they take the bus on most days.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Do both based on weather conditions. Never let your kids walk alone. There are too many risks these days!
    Bejeweledbabies

Answer by Bejeweledbabies at 1:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• confusedI walk to get mine, because its down the street and around the corner. Lol, I see my next door neighbor even on nice days drive to get her daughter. Its like a five minute walk. Hey what ever...I think its funny and makes no sense because it takes even longer to find a parking space.

bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• When my children were in elementary school, they rode their bikes to school as weather permitted - and yes they rode without an adult.

Now we live to far and they have several after school activities with Band that I pick them up in the afternoons and hubby drives them in the mornings. As soon as they had/have driver's licenses they drive themselves.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If it were closer I would walk. It's too far. She rides the bus. I do walk her to the bus stop though & wait with her since she's only in K.
    Anonymous

• i walk them unless its really cold or raining, its not far of a walk and there is no bus because its so close
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I was walking them to school and back. It's a mile exactly.

Then I went back to work part-time. I'm at work during their school day. I go in as soon as they enter the school building and I get home just in time to get them from school. Most days I can't make it to work in time or to pick them up in time unless I drive direct from school to office and vice versa. Sometimes, though, I manage to park in the driveway and speed walk my tail off to get to school in time so they can walk home. ;) (And sometimes Grandma walks them there and back)

When we were walking, I'd always laugh a wee bit over the family that lives about 6 doors down from the school driveway. Every day as we walked past, the young boy will stand on the driveway saying "Hurry mom! I'm going to be late!" Mom would come running out, hop in the car and go tearing out of the driveway just to pull into the school lot and wait to drop him off. Seriously.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My children walked to school since the elem. school (K-6 when they went, K-5 now) was 1 1/2 blocks to the left of our street and the middle/high school (7-12 when they went, 6-12 now) was just 2 blocks to the right of our street.
    Anonymous

• We drive. It's not terribly far but off of a major street with no crossing guard. I'll drive them. In the nicer weather we sometimes ride bikes instead of driving.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2011