How do I stop lactation right off the bat?

I know it's best to breast feed, but for personal reasons I don't want to.

MommyMouse719

Asked by MommyMouse719 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Boil cabbage. When it's cooled off enough to touch put the leaves on your breasts. This will help dry up your milk.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• the cabbage thing worked for me after i had to stop breast feeding 3 days after i started. they were hard as rocks, literally! i didnt boil the cabbage, i just put raw cabbage in my bra and left it in for about 30 minutes and put in a new one. i know you probably have people shoving breast feeding in your face but you should breastfeed for the first day at least. the baby needs your first milk(the colostrum) because it has so many anti-bodies that a newborn baby needs. but good luck and conrats!
    annak4404

Answer by annak4404 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• You’re being selfish! Your baby will be so much healthier!
    Geneie

Answer by Geneie at 11:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• LOL you can't stop what your body was made to do. Some women never dry up. Formula increases your chances of breast, cervical, and uterine cancer. Also it increases babys chance of food allergies, acid reflux, juvinial diabetes, type 2 diabetes, and many other health problems later in life. You do the math. I ain't telling you what to do (I have done both).
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I didn't breast feed any of my three kids they are very healthy. My DR told me to use the breast pads and wrap an ace bandage around myself as tight as i could it hurt at first but a few days later it wasn't so bad.
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 2:00 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Wear your bra tight, it helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2008