Are scanners all the same?

i see the commercial for that tryneat.com scanner that scans your documents and then stores it for you on the computer and later you do a word search and you can find it? i have a scanner on my printer and my husband says it's not the same thing but my son says i can scan stuff then store it in computer. is this true? can a plain printer scan for you and make it easy for you to find and store info into your computer. i thought they just scanned things to say like fax stuff. i have no room to store anything important and i'm so disorganized i'm going crazy. my desk is way to small plus it would be nice to be completely paper free. if you have the tryneat scanner was it worth buying cause it's quite expensive.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Technology

• Got to Office Depot to learned about difference and prices Technology is in advance...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We have a HP scanner that prints for a copier alone; then scan for storage on the computer according to month it was scan and year. It's can be color print or black and white. We got our at Best Buys under $100 check for sales. It's a very important tool for our household.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:03 AM on Mar. 5, 2011