I am 53, my younger son's girlfriend (18) got pregnant, she is planning to give the baby for adoption, should I jump and adopt my grandchild?

foxylady1000

Asked by foxylady1000 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Adoption

• That's totally up to you and your situation but I would do it in a heartbeat.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I am 61 raising grandchildren ages 6 and 7 for more than 5 years now. I wouldn't change anything about that for the world. I did it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If you are up for it, then go for it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Do you want to have another baby. It might be a complicated adoption.  Being your sons child.

Answer by louise2 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If you feel that you can do it. Lots of people do. If you feel that you just can't, then don't.

Answer by Bmat at 2:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If you feel ypu can do it, than go for it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If I was in this situation, I would do everything in my power to keep my grandchild in my life.
    If you can handle another child and have the means to do so - I would say YES step in. Even if you don't feel you can take it all on - I still say STEP IN, if you have the ability to help your son raise his child and offer support then do that.
    While it could become a complicated situation, I think if you begin educating yourself, understanding the child's needs, your needs and the parents needs - you can make it work. How will you feel if you don't step in?
    Adoption is very complex, however I vote a giant a YES! From me personally I would never want my grandchild seperated from family.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I honestly think its up to your son and his girlfriend. If they aren't ready for this do you think it's fair to them to keep their child around to remind them?

I think it could cause more problems than solutions.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yes. Don't let them make a mistake of their lives.
    Anonymous

• Voted down for an opinion and something I've seen happen before. Gotta love it.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011