Do you thing God hates homosexuals?

More importantly, do you think God hates at all?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I don't believe God exists so it would be impossible for God to hate, or love, or show any form of emotion.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• God does not "hate" anyone. He does however, state emphatically in His Word that homosexuality is wrong. He makes it very clear what the price for it is, and doesn't mince His Words.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No, I don't believe in a personal or anthropomorphized god of any sort. I believe the concept of God is really equivalent to the Universe or impersonal forces of Nature. I don't believe in a god that can have any emotions or human attributes at all. I think people who do hate homosexuals or anyone different from them will have a 'God' that does so too.

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Where Sharon? Where does he state it? Give me the scripture that proves it and I will look it up.

Sure, the prohibition against homosexuality can be found in Leviticus. It's important to notice, though, that it refers exclusively to MALE homosexuality.

Leviticus 18:22 "Do not lie with a male as one lies with a woman; it is an abhorrence"

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lies with a male as one lies with a woman, the two of them have done an abhorrent thing; they shall be put to death—their bloodguilt is upon them"

Sharon

momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• The God I know is loving and has no hate anywhere in his heart, and he loves all his creations including the homosexuals.

Answer by older at 6:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I do need to ask a question of the OP. Why bring up only priests molesting children? There are clergy and laypeople of all denominations who molest children, and many time those people get away with it because they are "god-fearing" people. No one in their right mind thinks anything like that is OK. But I do hate it when people single out the Catholic Church as though they are the only denomination in which such things happen.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Do you think God hates someone that rapes or murders? NO, he loves all his children no matter what sin or choice they make.
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 2:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• "And it harm none, do what you will"

So...uh...no. My "gods" only "hate" those who do harm, and since homosexuality doesn't *harm* anyone...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Of course he doesn't. He loves us all..what he doesn't like is our sin.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• G-d doesn't hate anyone. Hate is purely a human emotion, G-d isn't human. But whether we like it or not, He did state in His law that homosexual ACTS are forbidden.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011