You know what really pisses me the FCK off about this country!? adult content

i know people who sit around doing NOTHING. dont look for a job, dont go to school, they do NOTHING and they get public assistance, food stamps, and medicaid. Me? Im a fulltime college student taking 15 credits, looking for a real full time job / career activley, and working as much as possible at a $5.00 an hour waitressing job and the state wants to take my food stamps away! I DONT GET IT! so the people like me who are trying yet struggleing get no help, but the people who do NOTHING get to sit around and get everything paid for! im fucken sick of it.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 2:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• This is why many want PA revamped. But we are called evil for making the suggestion. I think a mother who is working and bettering herself should get the help. The mother who is on PA so she can be a SAHM should lose her PA and be told to get a job. Many who are on disability are not actually disabled. I golf with a woman who is on disabiltiy. She was talking about how her disability check was late. She said she has a bad knee. Yet she golfed 18 holes and walked the entire course. I have ignored her calls won't hang out with a scammer.

Anonymous

• Welcome to the working poor. We have been long time members. While it is not fair, you get to be proud of yourself for doing things the right way and you get to respect your self above all else. What a great example to be to your kids!!!!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I don't get it either. The one's that are working their asses off and are struggling get nothing but some of those that don't try get everything. Our system is screwed up.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We all know people like that. We all feel your frustration about working to support those that don't. Many of us are sick of it, but nothing changes. We were denied food stamp help the year my husband became disabled. My husband and I collectively have worked for more than 80 years and paid into all the systems that long. We have never asked for any help for anything our entire lives, we've always managed on our own. Imagine my rage when we were told NO... Finally after heated discussions, emails, letters, and faxing they relooked at our case and awarded us $24.00 a month in food stamps - twenty four dollars.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• it's sick and it's sad! i hope they do something soon, you shouldn't be allowed to sit around collecting your whole life without proving a disability. i also think they need to start checking on people's living situation bc i know several people who have live-in bf's and collect fs and medicaid while their bf's make good money! they wont get married bc they collect so much from the government.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Am not sure what state you are from, but here in Michigan we are having issues with students that have well off parents taking advantage of the stamps! I think that if your parents are above a high level of income and you have them as a second address you shouldn't get state help!
    But for people that are taking college classes at full time and are working! Trying to work out of needing state help you should get them as long as your not failing classes!
    I think that it needs to be more look into as who gets help and who doesn't!!!
    I would show prove of how good your doing in school! also something to show you are working all the hours you can! Good luck!!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• no simplicity, i think i made it pretty clear in my post that i know people who do nothing and get everything paid for, and no they are not disabled. they are lazy & or smoke too much pot.
    PURPULbutterfly

Comment by PURPULbutterfly (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I feel you there. There's losers like my little brother who sit on their ass and get food stamps while he has no child to care for, no job, no schooling, nothing. He couch hops and mooches. In Michigan they let people like him get almost $200 in food stamps a month. It's pathetic.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I hear ya. I know some of the people who aren't doing anything really can't do anything, but around here there are a LOT of abuse cases. Thankfully, DSS is paying more attention to things and asking more questions, so the drug dealers and others who abuse the system are becoming less frequent recipients of aid. I know a couple right now that are both working full time and have two kids and they get a TON of food stamps each month and other things, but they have the money to buy new Bluray movies, TVs, stereos, a computer, surround sound system, etc. They spend more money in a month than we bring in in two or three and we have no assistance now (we did while I was pregnant 3 years ago). It's ridiculous. There are also a few people I know who make minimum wage, part time (because jobs are so hard to find) and they can't get any assistance for their family. I try not to judge, but when you know the people it's hard not to.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I get nothing but I think or I know right now its okay while I am in school
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011