Sleeping and Walking?

I read somewhere that when a baby is getting ready to take off walking on their own they'll wake up several times a night until they do. I was wondering how many moms have had this happen to them. My son has been waking up a lot more all of a sudden and he's been cruising for at least a month. He'll let go of what he's holding onto sometimes & stand for about 5-10 seconds then realize what he's doing and fall down. He walks perfect when holding onto someones hands and likes to run people over in his walker lol.

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 7:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• omg!!!! ive never heard that but funny thing is my son at 10 months started waking up EVERY night and now hes 11 months and he walks perfectly and only wake up once in a while if he didnt eat enough or if he wet himself threw his diaper!!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 8:33 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I never heard that either but it makes sense - have you heard of the wonder weeks books? Apparently it explains things along that line also where your childs mind and body are getting prepared or making a milestone and it interrupts thier sleep.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2008