I have just started giving my son cereal with breastmilk. My question is, how long is breastmilk good once it is thawed. I have about 6-8 ounces in storage bags, but am only using 2-3 ounces per day. I warm the 2-3 ounces before mixing it with cereal and the rest i keep in the the frig.

SuzannaJ

Asked by SuzannaJ at 7:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you'll be good for a couple days. I learned this lesson after my first: after that, I froze in batches of 3 ounces!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It's only good for 24 hours once it's thawed. I heard some good storage advice, of you put it in ice cube trays just until it's frozen, then into the bag, most ice cube trays are about an oz per cube. Then you can just take as many oz out as you need at a time.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 9:30 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• 24 hours
    neverwrong8682

Answer by neverwrong8682 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• 24 hours once it is thawed, one hour once you heat it.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2008