Embarrassing....... adult content

Yesterday while I was in the shower I lost control of my bladder....like if I wouldnt have been in the shower I would have pee'd on myself...I'm about 6 months pregnant so already my bladder isnt what it should be, but THAT has never happened before...should I laugh it off (while being careful not to pee while laughing lol) or should I talk to the doctor??

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Health

• Yah, that is embarrassing to think about, isn't it? I had that happen... I was laying in bed reading and it just let go. I was at 6 or 7 months with my second baby. I was so embarrassed, but we got plenty of laughs out of it, and I was known between DH and myself as "Wee-O" for a while.
    Talk to your doc to make sure all is normal, though to be on the safe side. My second baby was conceived when my oldest was 4 months old, so I don't know if that makes a difference on my bladder issue.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 2:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• talk to the doc but they will probably tell you that there isn't much they can do now.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Talk to your doctor.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• hmm i would think its ok, it didnt happn during my pregnancy but to be safe i would call my dr. :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Did you have a full bladder at the time? You can tell the doc,but he'll probably just tell you to do Kegels

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I didnt have a full bladder and didnt even know I was peeing until I happened to look down and noticed I was standing in a puddle of yellow....at first I thought maybe my chihuahua had taken a leak in the shower prior to me going in there (for some reason he does this sometimes) but I hadnt even let him out of his cage yet.
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• talk to your doc but i was like that way after my first and it eventually got better than i was that way again while pregant with my second. everytime id sneeze or cough id pee my pants. the doc told me to do keigle excersises and if it was still happening we could try meds but the keigles worked for me.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011