Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Call DHS on someone?

ok, my cousin has a 3 year old son. He has caps on ALL his baby teeth due to drinking pop/soda (cuz it is cheaper then milk) and he hits him mom (due to watching dad hit mom), mom is also too scared of dad to leave him. She doesnt want to go on WIC to get free milk because she is too proud and doesnt want to ask for help.

I should also add he is way behind in things like talking and useing forks, and spoons...stuff like that.

I have offerd help and given numbers(she was going to over 1 year ago and I offerd help, she changed her mind and now she doesnt want anything to do with me, for some reason that I dont know of), but we recently move out of town and he had told her if she tryed to leave the son would stay with him and he would kill her.

Should I call DHS on them?


Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Kids' Health

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • you could call the local police department and have them do a well child check. they can check on the kid and offer the mom help in leaving the abusive situation and if she presses charges, can give herup to $2000 (in texas) to move out. My MIL was going to press charges and leaver her bf but never did.

    Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • hmm thats a tough one... if it were me i would do it for the safty of the child... but then again i wouldnt want the child to have to go to the state...

    Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • no

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • no.
    you should offer your cousin a way out. give her a number to a shelter, or take her in yourself. do not take her into your own home if there is any chance her husband will bring his violence to your house.

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • I would do it for the safety of the child and the mother domestic violence can turn very ugly in a split second I don't think you want that on your conscious. Have you talked to the mother make sure she wants the help before you just decide to step in


    Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 2:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • No I wouldnt. Try and help her get out. Calling CPS is going to solve absolutely nothing.

    Answer by Rosesandlilys at 3:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • No. CPS will not do anything in this case. I would keep trying to help HER get out.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2011