Milk in glass bottles

kinda sad been wanting milk in glass bottles but can't seem to find anyone who sells them. is there really a difference cause I've been reading that it last longer and taste better.

Gen

Asked by Gen at 2:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Whole Foods sells milk in glass bottles. But it is really expensive.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• it more expensive and it loses it vitamins more quickly because of the direct light. that is why most companies put it in opaque plastic or cartons.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• From what I've read, it may taste better, but has lower amounts of Vitamins A and D and riboflavin because the clear glass is easily penetrated by the ultraviolet light in the dairy case. But I don't really know, I buy the milk I buy because I can afford it!

Answer by missanc at 2:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• There's a dairy near me that sells in glass bottles - but a half gallon is over $6. They do give you a bit of a refund when you return the bottle to the store (like a pop can deposit but I think it might be 25cents per bottle). I think it depends what/who you have around you.
    Anonymous

• Our local Whole Foods Market sells organic milk in a half gallon glass bottle and it comes with a hefty bottle deposit attached to it, which makes a half gallon of milk close to $6. However, if you bring the bottle back, the $3.00 bottle deposit is returned to you & the milk works out to be comparable in cost to a standard gallon jug in plastic.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• not really sure who sells them you may want to call around and see hope you find someone I know the milk tastes better also

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2011