Help ~ Diaper Rash !!

My 6mo DD has a severe diaper rash ever since she started on baby foods b/c of the new poopie she has now. What is the best home remedy you have??
I have already been trying diaper rash creams and an aloe vera cream and/or baby powder ugh I feel SO bad! Help please...

ohgoshism

Asked by ohgoshism at 2:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put some baking soda in a warm bath and let her bottom soak for about 10 to 15 mins dry her off really good and it doesnt hurt to let her air out for a little while without a diaper on. then slather her down with vasiline or zinc oxide diaper cream or A and D ointment which ever you have. the desitin cream worked best when my little ones got a really bad rash but if it was just mild i would use vaseline or A and D.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Calmoseptine. I swear by it for bad rashes.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Ive had 5 babies and have seen alot of diaper rashes.lol Make sure you are letting her air dry with no diaper on for awhile. Make sure you do change her diaper alot while she still has the rash so she isnt sitting in alot of moisture. Desitin helped my kids. I did have a close friend whos child got a rash so bad she had to get a special ointment from her pediatrician so if it isnt clearing up and gets worse make sure you take her in for a check. Hope it disapears soon.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thank You so so much for the quick responses and good ones!
    ohgoshism

Comment by ohgoshism (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2011