WTF?

I have an elderly neighbor I have talked to him like 5 times in the entire time I have lived here 3 years, on valentine he asked very politely what I was going to do i just said spend it with DD he said oh thats good i have no one I said aww but you have a bunch of friends and your cousins he said you know your are right that is not so bad, so I was on the impression he had not a gf or anything but anyway that is so not my bsns Anyway he ask me a favor to print an application for him because he wants to get help to fix his house and gave me his old printer to see if I could make it work, as usual I talk to him trough the fence said hey the printer seems that it still working but the cartridges are dry so I think it would be good if you just try to refill them on wallgreens so it wont be waste if the printer doesn't print. He said its a good idea thanks
I was saying this when I heard a women voice elderly women voice saying HEY !!! what f(&(&n manners are yours of talking over the fence to my man ! you don't want me to go and be in your face!! She was screaming in the background I heard my neighbor saying you are crazy come inside as she keep screaming nonsense.

Do you think this is a no good deed goes unpunished situation?
Any advice ?I don't want to keep the printer but I really don't want to go over there to return it and don't have anyone who can do that for me.

ps. I am talking about a 78 yr old man witch means that he's not only old enough to be my dad Is old enough to be my granddad. my granny is actually 72

gou18

Asked by gou18 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in

• She might have health issues that make her a little bit off. I would just tape a little note to it saying that all is good and leave it on the front porch in a protected box or bag. Ring the door bell and then mosey on home.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would wait until I knew it was not going to rain, and stick it in a plastic bag. Then when they are out, I would leave it on the porch or at the garage. I wouldn't go over to return it if they were home.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• When my great grandmother got Alzheimer's she became VERY mean. And I mean very. She would randomly scream at anyone and everyone, swear words I'd never heard my sweet granny say. And she was mad at everyone for no apparent reason. I remember one time when I was little my family had her at the grocery store, and we had to leave because she was causing a scene. Something in her mind flipped that second, and she went nuts, but by the time we got back to the car she was like oh, I forgot my pickles, like nothing had happened. Sounds like that could be the case with this woman. I too would leave it on the porch with a little note that saying all was good, you just wanted to return what wasn't yours and go on the thought the lady didn't really mean what she said.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Maybe he'll come get it from you? The lady sounds psychotic.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• She may have dimentia or something. Poor guy. I like what amybaby19 said. Either do that or wait until you see him out again & tell him then. You're a nice neighbor to be concerned.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I agree with parajumper...I would sit it on the porch when they are gone...wrap it in plastic and hang it on the doorknob. No confrontation.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

Next question in
Lets write our own story

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Pain