Does/did your baby wake her/himself up from sleep due to spastic arm movements?

My five week old still has to be swaddled at night for her to stay asleep any length of time due to her arm and leg movements waking her up. How long will this last?

sydash11

Asked by sydash11 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes mine did that until she was a couple of months old. I just kept her swaddled. By the time she could wiggle out of her swaddle at night she had stopped doing it.

Answer by missanc at 3:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Its called the MORO REFLEX..heres some info http://www.babyslumber.com/articles/baby/what-is-the-moro-reflex/

I kept mine swaddled for a long time:)
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yes, my DD did this and could only sleep swaddled. She slept swaddled until she was about 7 months old and finally she could just wriggle out of her swaddle, and also that was about the time she could start rolling onto her side to sleep which she greatly preferred. If the swaddling helps I say go with it, it makes the baby feel nice and safe and keeps them from startling themself. My DD was probably swaddled longer than most babies but I wasn't going to fight it, whatever helped her sleep I was a big fan of. :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011