visitation....

I am having trouble with my ex dictating to me when he will see our daughter and then getting nasty with me when this isnt convenient.... Am i within my rights to state times and days that he can see her? and do i have to allow him to see her everyday? i live in England. thanks

jenny210793

Asked by jenny210793 at 7:51 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• I dont know about laws in England but it sounds like you are going to need something more set in stone. I am in the states and have a court order that spells out visitation. My ex gets to see my son every other weekend and then we split holidays. For instance in even years I get my son on Thanksgiving, New years, and etc. Odd years he would get him Thanksgiving New years. You might be able to avoid court if you can sit down and write something up for him. If he lives nearby id give him every other weekend and dinners on Wed or Thurs with split holidays. Once its in writing it makes like 10 times easier bc they cant pop in or demand. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I would check what the laws are in England. Here you can go to court and have mediation for a visitation schedule. It sounds like you need a set schedule for him.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Isn't it spelled out in the child custody papers?
    If not, take him to court for a modification and have it spelled out.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 11:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I am not too sure how things work there in England but here if you have a court order, there should be something there that states what the rights of the father and mother have. if you do have something like that read it carefully if not, get a hold of a lawyer and draw up a contract. Hope this helps.
    Grandmav vee_kay032000@yahoo.com
    Grandmav03

Answer by Grandmav03 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 24, 2008