I feel like crying

I am 26 and pregnant with my 3rd child. Everytime someone asks me if this is my first I say no, its my 3rd and I get the wildest reactions. Am I trampy for having 3 kids so young? And why do people think the worst of me right away? Im sick of explaining that I was married at 19 and had my first at 20, then 22 and now 26. I'm really emotional with this pregnancy, usually I'd jump down someones throat but I don't have it in me this time around. I just get weepy.

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hon im 22 pregnant with my third i had my first at 20 my second at 21 and im going to have her at 23 on my birthday i dont take offence to when pple look at me weird
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Don't worry what other people think. They are always going to have an opinion so if you know it's right for you, then be happy with that :o) If they give you a look, look at them weird! ;o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Did you ever think they are asking because you look good for being pregnant with your 3rd?

You're being irrational. Lots of people have WAAAY more kids younger than you.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Ok, I have 5. I got those all the time.Who cares what anyone thinks. I was pregnant with # 5 people were fat out rude. Congrats.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Oh, ignore it. Don't let the opinions of strangers EVER sway you on anything. It'll paralyze you for life.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I am 27 and I am pregnant with my third, and I have gotten that question several times. I had my first at 22, my second at 25, and I will turn 28 a week or two after this baby is born.

I think that a lot of times people just think I'm younger than I am, and honestly, it is more "normal" for people to START having children at 26, 27, 28 than it used to be, so maybe part of it is them not wanting to offend you if it WAS your first.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. At the end of the day, you know what kind of environment and life you give o your children, and what others think doesn't matter.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thanks ladies like I said Im just really emotional and it was bothering me. ;)
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• One other thing you can consider... take it as a compliment, that you look too young to possibly have three children unless you'd started when you were ten!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I am sorry you are getting negative reactions. You should just ignore them and have fun with your kiddos and little baby. My mom was a young mother and now she is 49 and I am 30. We get reactions like "were you in High School when you had her?" and it offends my mom... I say "take it as a compliment that they see how young you look!"

My parent's youth was an advantage to us in our relationship. My husband and I hang out with them like friends!
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• That's ridiculous. You're not trampy at all. I guess it's just become the norm to have babies later. I had my son when I was 21 and I remember being at an airport and talking to some people also waiting in line.... An older man said "I hope you don't mind my asking, but how old are you?" I am petite and have always looked young and it was pretty obvious he was insinuating that I was too young to have a baby. :/
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011