I miss quoted my question earlier i was trying to say that if me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on march 2nd when would be the best time to take a home preganancy test?

troy25

Asked by troy25 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• When you have missed your period.
    Braydens_Mama06

Answer by Braydens_Mama06 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• When you have missed your period or if you can't wait that long then you can buy a test a few days before your period but most of the time it only correctly reports a pregnancy in 25% of the women who are pregnant.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would say the 16th or after would give you the most accurate results. I am never that patient and I have always found out a few days before my missed period with early results tests. If you get a positive, you can trust that it is positive. If it is a negative, it could just be that your hormone levels aren't high enough to register yet, and I would behave as if you were pregnant (i.e. no drinking, etc), until you get your period.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Kinda thinking you probably should have sex more then one time if you intend to become pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Once you miss your period.

Do you know that you ovulated on March 2nd or within the 48 hours after? If you have no idea when you ovulated, then wait for the missed period.

Also, if you ovulated on Feb 26th, it wouldn't matter since the follicle has died by now and sperm won't have anything to fertilize.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• When you miss your next period for the most accurate results. Other than that there's a reason it's called the "two week wait". Allow a week for the egg to travel the tubes and another week to ten days for it to implant and produce HCG.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• when you miss your period.
    ndb9889

Answer by ndb9889 at 1:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• test when you miss your period.
    ndb9889

Answer by ndb9889 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No point worrying or doing anything until you've missed your period. Sorry to say that you have to wait.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yeah I agree you probably shouldn't expect to become pregnant by having sex one time. More chances the better.
    Anonymous