Need help.

So the state is finding out that they have violated federal law by using my husbands Voc. Rehab funds as income.

we live in a shelter and are required to live a "normal" life. I guess this should be expected, making a scene of bring homeless and making excuses of why you cant accomplish something is useless.

We are given our own aprtment in a duplex-the carch is its rural and gas is soo expensive.

Im required to continue school graduate and get rehabilatated, Im so close and Ive been in voc rehab 2x, this time around its been 2 years in the program and almost out of school.

DHHS in my state wanted to stop funds but they found out its illegal.
Its not like im asking for welfare money and Veterans Affair funds to just sit home.

My voc. rehab counselor and I both want tme back at school. Veterans affairs wants my husband to graduate from voc. rahb services too. Both are very important to our adjustment and being able to provide for our children.

So with all the bills we have to stay in school and voc rehab, the funds from the state will just cover it.

Im angry that they feel they can violate Federal Law and their own rule book just because they are accustomed to dealing with people who aren't doing anything for themselves.

I honestly beleive we need to build our esteem up again, for a man out of the military thats being a provider and meeting needs, for me being his support and at this pint in time getting the education I need to get the funds for my home based salon and and therefore a good solid base to get off and stay off of welfare.

Why when a veteran family asks for help and takes what they are due get do they meet resistance or maybe some kind of animosity??

Am i wrong for just wanting to complete something in my life!
QUESTION, do you think it would be fair if used th TANF funds for childcare? There are funds specifically for childcare from ASPIRE or support for those in school or training(2 separate fund sources), but Like i said im not here to milk the system, im fine with just a little extra help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• If there's nothing illegal about using them in such a way, then do so.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2011