Embarrassing TMI question: Is this normal? adult content

My son just turned 8 months old, I was having constant vaginal bleeding from the time of his birth until just a few weeks ago. I finally went to the DR. And they drew my blood and done a urinalysis. My blood test showed everything was normal, the urinalysis showed and EXTREMELY bad urinary tract infection. She gave me an antibiotic to clear that up and it stopped the 7 and 1/2 month long bleeding. Great! I was excited. Well fast forward 3 weeks, I started bleeding today! UGH! But it's so HEAVY. I have ruined 4 outfits already today. ( Glad I'm a SAHM) It's bright read and sooo heavy. Is this normal? Is my cycle trying to get back on track? Should I go back to the doctor again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Health

• well being as you just started bleeding today and its heavier i would wait for about a week or the normal amount of time your period is. in my case that would a week but yours might normally be shorter. if after that time and your still bleeding and its still just as heavy then call the doc. i was reading a little on the essure and it says you may bleed lighter or heavier after it. i know after my tubal i bleed heavier now than before. so this may be your normal period. but again if it last longer than a week i would call. and until then get some super pads and super tampons. i usually have to wear a pad and a super tampon the first two days when i start. and change often.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would go back if you are bleeding that much.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 3:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think you should call your doctor just explain to her whats going on in the mean time wear something you dont give a shit about so you dont ruin anymore clothing
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 3:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Oh I should probably add that I had the essure procedure done.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i would call your doc. you shouldnt be bleeding that much and i still dont understand how a bladder infection could cause menstrual bleeding.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Call the doctor for sure! You may not hae to go in, they can tell you if they need to see you or if you can wait to go in.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• if your previous bleeding was prolonged by the uti, then this might be your actual flow. was the previous bleeding consistent in flow and color? at your post partum check up did they say your cervix was closed? no hemorrhaging? did you get the "ok" and resume your sex life? did you have sex before the check up? are you on hormonal birth control?? sorry to ask so much back, but depend on your answers, should tell you if it is normal. our bodies need time to heal after birth. i think it takes a least two year to fully get our cycles back, and our hormone levels adjusted. good luck hope all is well!
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• whats the essure procedure?
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• laura970~ I couldn't understand it either, I just know after I took the antibiotics the bleeding stopped.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• did the doc happen to check your cervix or do any labs like a pap to see if you might have a uterine infection that could have been caused by the essure procedure. that would explain why the bleeding stopped when you took the antibiotics.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011