Ex. wedding.

we are invited to my hubbys ex's wedding (they went out 5 yrs, highschool sweethearts). She is marring his friend from high school. They came to our wedding as well. My question is they showed up 1.5 hours late to ours, we were getting ready for the meal to be served. She came over to our table and said she was late cause she was getting her hair done. They showed up empty handed, not even a card. So I was wondering we will be going to her wedding, since were all friends. I told hubby we should NOT get them a gift, just give them a card. He said that is a slap in the face. well they didn't even bother with a card plus were 1.5hours late to ours. We are going to the wedding, so don't post that as a answer pls. would you give a card (nothing inside), gift, or just ourselves at guest?

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• go to wedding, goto reception,
    buy a gift with a nice card
    i too think you will not get a thank you

but put some thought into the gift...
    maybe a clock
    or a calendar to write all important scheduled events like hair appointments...i mean weddings of friends
    or a book of stupid excuses like getting hair done instead of showing up for wedding service
    a book of ediquette would be nice
    maybe a whole bunch of thank you cards

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Be the better person. Go...be on time...give a card and a gift.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If hubby says to get a gift, I would get a gift.

Just because they have bad manners does not mean that you have to act like them.
    And who cares who is paying for the wedding? Back in the day, it was the parents responsibility to pay for the wedding.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think you should get a card and a small gift. Be the bigger person and make them feel like poo :) It also saves you an argument with your hubby. But to be honest, I really wouldn't expect the thank you card....
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My mother in law says just a card, but hubby says we need to buy gift. Her mom and his parents are fronting the $10,000 bill for the wedding, we had to pay everything. So why should we give them FREE money when they aren't even paying for the wedding?.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i wouldntg give them anything, its very rude that they showed up late AND didnt even bother to bring you one measly little card. i say show up empty handed. but thats just me.
    ladybugg20

Answer by ladybugg20 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• PS - it isn't about who is paying for their wedding and paid for yours....nothing to do w/whether you should give a card.
    cheekycherub

• I would give a card, if hubby wants to give a gift then maybe he should pick it out and pay for it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Honestly, if i was going to go to the Wedding regardless, if they showed up a hour & a half late or came Empty Handed- i would Not Go without a Gift- there is No Way i would Embarrass myself like that- Why would you want to turn around and do something Rude that they did to you? That's a Little Crazy..............

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 4:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011