??????

what are your thoughts

WASHINGTON – President-elect Barack Obama plans to nominate Hillary Rodham Clinton as secretary of state after Thanksgiving, a new milestone for the former first lady and a convergence of two political forces who fought hard for the presidency.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Awesome. She worked hard and deserves to be recognized for that. I think she will do a great job!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 9:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• We all know she deserved the nomination in the first place. This is a case of Obama keeping his enemies close. There is no love lost between them and the Clintons are a powerful force. They have many people behind them, BO would be a fool not to see that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I think since a good majority of Obama's administration is already the SAME Clintonista's from Bill's administration~ Hillary just seems to be more of the SAME.

Anyone see what postion Monica has been offered? Errrr, wait... We should probably ask Bill, huh? ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• He ran a campaign based on Hope and Change yet most of his administration are Clinton people. That is just more of the same as I see it. Hillary would make a great Secretary of State but I still think she would be better serving in the Senate. If she takes the job, I have to wonder if she will give up the fight for a 2012 run for the presidency.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I see the good and the bad with it. Good: the Clinton's had EXCELLENT success with foreign relations and she has a full understanding of the political negotiations required to quell "disturbances". Israel and the PLO come to mind. However, with that comes the bad: how will countries know/understand who's message is being sent? The Clinton's are not known for being able to take a back seat (similar to Cheney being unable to take a backseat) I am concerned about staying on message.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Well since Obama is so inexperienced he doesn't have much of a choice but to implement some "experienced" people into his cabinet. Well since the last democratic pres was Clinton it only makes sense. I don't know how she will do, it will be interesting to see. Like they said Clinton is very popular in the world, so it might do some good. However, I have yet to see any change coming to Washington. Makes me think we are just going to start living in the 90's again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Anon, I have had it with the there is no change. If there were no change, as Bush did, and as Clinton did in their administrations when the house was held in majority by their own party - neither president sent his COS to speak with the minority. If there were no change then the dems instead of requesting a business plan for the big 3 would have just handed them money. If there were no change, we wouldn't have a young president that has in fact twice been HAILED by the Republican minority for his appointments of the Arizona Gov and Tom Daschel.

I get that you don't like him, I get that you find him inexperienced. I get that you all are blaming him for the current adminstrations failure with businesses that are leaving the country in droves. Seriously, debate the topic, enough of he is an idiot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I do like that she is more of a moderate; perhaps that will help temper Obama's uber-liberal ways. I'm not so sure giving up her seat in the Senate is a good move for her politically, though.
    Anonymous

• When former republican Sec.of State H.Kissinger supports Obama's choise for sec.of state that already means something.
    Anonymous

• GO Hillary!! Did anyone NOT think she would be placed in an important position? Seriously?
    Anonymous