3rd grade girls...

The drama has begun and it just goes on and on and on. Does your dd have drama at school? Why cant they all just play together? I hear that one girl will send "spys" to see what people are saying and doing on recess. They are all kinda trying to be the center of attention and it is so tiring! Our school is small so their are only 7 girls..not sure if drama is everywhere, is this normal?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• There girls of course its normal it will get worse as they get older just teach your daughter how to deal with it

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 3:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think it's everywhere! My daughter is in 4th grade and everyday I hear about who said what and to whom and when it happened, etc. It's like a mini-highschool! Our school has 3 4th grade classes with around 10-12 girls in each class, so it's larger and still like that.

Answer by missanc at 3:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yes, I have a dau in the 3rd grade, & we see it already. It stinks. I thought we'd have a few more years before we'd have to deal with it. Luckily she is very strong-willed & will stand up for herself. She has close friends who stick up for her too (not that she needs it- but it's nice to have their support) Just b/c they can stand up for themselves, doesn't mean that feelings wont get hurt tho. Hope you have a spare shoulder & some tissues. You will have days you'll need both. GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Drama is everywhere. From when they start speaking, learning & observing all the way up to our age :(
    Miszross

Answer by Miszross at 3:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• guess i am lucky my 3rd grade dd has not had this issue yet
    Anonymous

• Extremely Unique~ I try to talk to her about making sure she is acting right and considering others feelings and ignoring what the other kids are doing, and trying not to get involved in the drama but it is hard!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It's normal. I am a Girl Scout leader for that age group and they are just so mean to each other. It has gotten so bad that I will NOT be a leader next year. Girls are MEAN!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Tyfry I am the girl scout leader as well. Luckily our troop has been ok. some of the school stuff carries ofer into scouts but for the most part we are too busy at scouts for drama to even start. I hope our campouts this year go smoothly!!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• lol its completely normal she is entering "girl world" as my husband calls it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Drama started at my daughter's school in the 4th grade. It peeked during junior high, 7th grade was especially bad. Somebody was always being excluded or getting angry with someone else within her group of friends. I, too, advised my daughter to consider other's feelings and to stay out of it. But peer pressure when they're young can be strong. Luckily, girls grow up A LOT when they reach high school. I'm sure there's still drama but my daughter has picked a great group of friends so there hasn't been much so far. One thing I did when she was younger was to have her involved in activities outside of school with kids that didn't go to her school. So, when the drama was in full force with school friends she had outside friends that weren't involved or influenced in any way.
    cege

Answer by cege at 1:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2011