If you overheard a co-worker on the phone giving terrible service, would you say something to your super?

Luvnlife4

Asked by Luvnlife4 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• No way. I would stay out of it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• depends I guess. I work at a steel company so not much could be "bad advice" but if I heard something, I would tell them or talk to the co worker first before stepping it to a boss
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would say stay out of it. You may not have the whole story. Maybe it's not totally fair. And you may have a day one time too! No one's perfect.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I used to work at a phone company and heard co-workers misquoting prices or package features to customers and I'd correct them myself. I had people do the same for me if I made a mistake. It's just looking out for one another to prevent a conflict later on when that customer calls back pissed off.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think it would be better to go to the co worker directly with your concerns, first.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 4:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would take it case by case. If you know this person and have a fairly decent relationship I recommend casually having a conversation with that person to make sure everything is okay. Do they need help with something? Maybe that person will confide in you what is happening. I am a supervisor at an insurance company and I know how important customer service is to an organizaion. I am not recommending you become a tattle tale, but if this person is inappropriate, it may be necessary to at least confide in your direct supervisor as just an FYI.
    pacey31

Answer by pacey31 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2011