Ever wonder why you bother cleaning their rooms?

lol seriously.. i just spent about half an hour cleaning 2 bedrooms that hold the beds/toys of my 4, 2, and 1 year olds. i "half-assed" it by not putting everything in it's EXACT bin or box, but atleast there is a path and it's safe to play in now. and atleast i got their floors vacuumed!

sure enough, 10 minutes later, toys strewn all over the rooms already. AHH!

i know they're going to make a mess, and the 4 and 2 year old are great about helping me out. its honestly my little 1 year old that tears all the books off the shelves, empty's every toy bin & box, and makes the biggest mess. and there's not really much i can do about that. trying to re-direct this child is a joke.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Up until a few days to a week ago it was pointless to clean either one of my boys' bedrooms because they both would completely trash it as if a tornado came in and left, lol. Suddenly out of the blue my oldest has decided to start cleaning up his bedroom at least twice a day which I am definitely not gonna stop him from doing since it helps us out. He made a funny remark last night saying, "I don't want you to give me food until my room is done clean" I said ummm okay but you really should eat dinner. lol. Well hopefully my youngest will catch on in no time and start cleaning a little bit.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No, because I do NOT clean my kids room...that is HIS job and has been since he was about 4.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I ask myself the same question. But I do their rooms in the morning but after that they are on their own and if do not clean their rooms then no snack after dinner. If spent all day doing their rooms I would never get the rest of the house clean.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yeah i know how you feel. My kids are also 4 and 2 and every time i clean up toys not even a half hour later it looks like it did before i picked up. lol

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It sounds like you need to not clean the room. But go through the toys and get rid of some.
    I never cleaned my kids room.When they where your kids age. I went into their room and told them and showed them what to do. But after they go older I just told them to go clean their rooms

Answer by louise2 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• make them clean it. If I need to vacuume I tell them clean so I can vaccume which means even cleaner than their normal clean
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• oh yea, i only do it once a day if that. i really could care less how messy their rooms are, until im vacuuming. for instance today, whatever mess they make now will stay there until either a.)they clean it or b.)next time i get around to it. i do make them clean up the toys they bring out into the living room before we sit down for dinner. i like the living room to look tidy when hubby walks in since he shouldnt have to walk into chaos as soon as he gets home from work.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011