What is your day with the kids like?

Do you have a scheduled day, like:
9a.m. story time
10:15 snack
1030 coloring activity

Or do you figure it out as you go?

Luvnlife4

Asked by Luvnlife4 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes and no. We have schedule breakfast, lunch and nap time, other then that we go with whatever.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My boys are 3 and 4, I'm a SAHM, our days are pretty scheduled, but those around us seem to see it as ordered chaos. LOL
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 4:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• The only thing that is set in stone is meal times and napes when they were taking them also that the tv is off until at least 4 pm. Everything else is take it as it goes. We have such unorganized schedules as far as where the kids are and what we are doing it's hard to have a set one. I work Mon-thurs and DH works Wed-Sun but goes in late on Thursdays so we just switch off who has the kids. Fridays is run the errands day while DS is at school since he can't handle stores. Saturday is driving an hour to and then back from therapeutic riding. Sunday is the only day *I* and at home all day and that's when we don;t have plans with other people!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• mealtimes and naptimes are pretty routine for us, breakfast is always the first thing when they wake up. snack is usually around 10, lunch at noon and then nap from 1-3. they have another snack at 4 and then i start dinner at 6. bathtime after dinner then bedtime shortly after. everything we do between those times though is not constant, its just whatever we feel up to. and of course it changes a little if we're out and about that day. my kids are 4, 2, & 1
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I am a working mom so I have routine that consists of giving my daughter 2 choices of what I know I can do as far as time and money or strenth (haha)! She gets to pick and we have a blast. On weekends we have a routine on saturday she gets 2 hours to be with a playdate or with me or whatever she wants...then on sunday we go downtown and walk around taking pictures and window shopping...she is just 7 years old but knows what she wants to do....she has many plans in her head....hahaha
    Motherof54321

Answer by Motherof54321 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I am a stay at home mom and we are in some what of routine>
    7am i wake up
    7:15 head up and feed my baby
    730am get my oldest dressed and head down for breakfast
    8am we eat breakfast
    8:30 i get in the shower
    8:45 we leave to meet daddy at work
    9-11am- we are at walmart with daddy and i get some shopping in
    11:30 home and make lunch
    12pm feed baby
    12:15pm kids i babysit for come
    1-2pm play time with kids and put my baby down for nap
    2pm snack time and quite time (me reading a story while they are eating snack
    2:30nap time
    3pm get a kid from school
    3:30pm help him with homework
    4Pm feed baby and change baby, get others up from nap, and get supper going
    4:30pm pick up time for kids i watch
    5pm-supper time
    6pm-6:30pm playtime and then pediasure time for my 3 year old
    7pm get jammies on and ready for bed
    7:15 upstairs and have a talk about his day
    7:30pm in be
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 7:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Some days I'm just lucky to get through a day....lol this age is ruff!
    mommy2_twins

Answer by mommy2_twins at 7:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• up 7-730
    1 hour of tv
    breakfast
    leave the house to play (indoor sports center, childrens museum, play group and mall play area are our usual choices- one/day) for 1-2 hours
    home for lunch, youngest down for nap around 12-12:30
    30 minutes of tv for oldest
    play with oldest while youngest finishes nap (trains, crafts, play dough or baking)
    3-4 I sit in a chair and let kids play together with as little interference as possible
    4-5 dad home from work, fun time!!!
    5-6 dinner
    6-6:30 bath time
    6:30 mommy time!! (I watch Wheel of Fortune and lay on the couch)
    7-7:30 reading time
    7:30 bedtime.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Ha-ha...my son decides how our day is going to be. He wakes up and has to call his daddy and big sister while I shower. Then he goes potty, gets dressed and off to watch his favorite cartoon. Then he'll come ask for "brunch". If its a nice day, he wants outside otherwise he heads to the computer room to "go to school". Lunch is usually a snack, then he's off to play with his airport. Around 3 he's looking for another snack and wants to work his Pre-K workbooks. As I'm making dinner, his dinosuar Dan comes on and 30 minutes later, his dad walks in the door...supper time. If its nice outside, we'll go walking or he'll play on his slide. Nightfall he comes in to watch his Back Yardigans. Next is snack time, bath time, and reading time. He finally goes down around 8:30 PM.
    BSWSC

Answer by BSWSC at 1:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2011