Swing or Bouncer

I know i am getting a bouncer(my MIL is buying us one) But im not sure if we should get a swing as well or just go with having one or the other.

CEGrissim

Asked by CEGrissim at 4:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Swing was very helpful when the boys were still newborns, but once they were able to sit up, a bouncer would have been really handy to have. If you have room for both, I think they can be very useful.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 4:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• we had both. A bouncer is good for them to stand in and play. But I used the swing for when they were fussy and even it helped put them to sleep when nothing else would work. I would do both if can.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Swing was a lifesaver. As an infant, she didn't have the motor skills to kick enough to get it to bounce but the swing is self propelled.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I had both and they were both life savers i would def. get both :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I had both and they were both lifesavers!! My son slept in the bouncer for 2 weeks when he had bronchitis as a newborn. The swing provided hours of entertainment, especially when he learned to swing his feet and make the swing move when the battery died.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i need both those items!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Neither of my kids liked the swing but the bouncer was a life saver.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We used our bounces when she first came home- she slept very good in it & i could move it around easily.
    But about 3mo- about 1 yr she loved her swing. My niece loved to nap in her swing until she met the weight limit! LOL so she was about 3yo when sis put it away.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• By bouncer i mean bouncy seat, and it has the music and vibration, i think if i can somehow afford the swing with the cradle motion too i would want to get that but if not we may opt for a small travel size swing.
    CEGrissim

Comment by CEGrissim (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I had both, but my son didn't spend much time in either. He liked being held or worn in a wrap, so that's what I did.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2011