What is it like during and after having an Ablastion is done ?

Im having an Ablasion done to me tomorrow morning. Obviously I havent had one before, and I wanted to know what it was like, and what other women has experienced this. Dr says the worse will happen is i will have have severe cramps.

mommyof3males

Asked by mommyof3males at 4:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Health

• I had a HTA (hydrothermal ablation) done in 2009. It was super easy. I was under general for about half an hour. I had a hysteroscopy, biopsy, D&C and HTA done at the same time. I had some pretty bad cramping that afternoon, but nothing else.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• wow thats it, reason why i want to know is the family has some thing this weekend, and i want to know if i'll be back to myself the next day or even the day of the operation is done. The dr didnt tell me how long til i can have sex with my husband again.
    mommyof3males

Comment by mommyof3males (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You won't feel like doing anything the day of the procedure. I felt sort of weak and weird from being put under. I felt good the next day though. Just don't overdo it or you will cramp. I can't remember how long before we could have sex. A couple of weeks, at least.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2011