Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Move out?

See the thing is if I move out she will treat me like shit more and more. I try to make her happy and she always puts me down. Me and father broke up because of my mom but also cause he started doing pot. But I really hate to just move out and leave cause I don't know where to go. I have no car, no job, and no help except from my mom. The baby's father is a low- life pot head. I have an order protection against him because we got in a domestic violence and he hit the door and I left and so he got mad. I really love my mom but I want to go on section 8 and she won't let me. I have been with my boyfriend for 3 months now he has a lot of respect for me and he even calls the baby his daughter. My question is what should I do with all the information I gave you besides moving out??? Should I stay with her and finish school or stay with her and raise my daughter, or should go get on the list for section 8?

Answer Question

Asked by newmom4192011 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 4 (30 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Stay w/your mother.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • I would stay with your mother right now and explain to her why you need her now. But you have to decide what is best for you, not anyone else.

    Answer by older at 8:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • The list for Section 8 is usually years so I'd sign up then if mom gets bad enough and kicks you out that makes you "homeless" so you go to the top of the list (at least in our community). You can ask in your community.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • I agree with PP. Get your name on the list so you have that as a housing option if you need it. It can take months to years to have a placement I have heard. I think, for now, you should definitely stay with your mother. Your other option would be to move in with your boyfriend? That is a new relationship and I think that would be unwise. Take your moms help and finish school so then you won't have to rely on this boyfriend or any other man or face being homeless. Then, you will be able to have your own place and make your own choices no matter what a man may decide to do. I didn't see a lot of details of the issues you are having with your mom but I think writing a letter may help. Write her a letter and thank her for everything she does from you. Then, instead of saying "you do xyz that's mean," describe the type of uplifting relationship you would like to have with her.

    Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • Get your name on the list, finish school and try to stay with mom as long as she is willing to help.

    Answer by taximom42 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

  • i like Get your name on the list, finish school and try to stay with mom as long as she is willing to help.

    Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • stay in school for now when you finish look for job even go to trade school they will help

    Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • It's your life. I know living with mo is so hard. I had to do it as an adult, with older kids. You sound like a smart girl with a good head on her shoulders. The love for your child will help you know what is best. Bettering yourself is always a good idea. Good luck, and God bless.

    Answer by TwilightMack at 9:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.