How was your Mom when you were growing up?

My mom was strict and told us that make up was for wh*res.
I don't think this way of course, but my mom never showed us how to be attractive in any way. Just how to take a man who puts you down and work miserably.
Yeah... my Mom was miserable.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 4:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• lazy and selfish,just as she is now

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My mom was only around on weekends since she worked nights. I really missed her. She was supportive but after already raising 4 kids, she was tired. I came 10 years after my closest sibling.
    She was kind of shy...wouldn't talk too much about personal stuff like sex or periods.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Mom was hideous - under stress all the time, working her tail off, highly talented woman who was never really recognized for all the good work she did. My dad was a source of strength during my teen years.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My mom was a loved and appreciated woman. She was strict in that she did not put up with any nonsense, but she was also full of fun. She and my daddy were a team. They made decisions together, and I could never get away with asking one of them if I could go somewhere or do something without having to ask the other. My mom always looked nice, even when she had no plans to go out. She was beautiful, inside and out, and my daddy loved her very much and he taught us children how to love her, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My mom is awesome and my best friend. She made me the mom I am today. My mom loves my sister and I very much and is always there for us no matter what. It is an honor for me to call her my mom.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My mom was alright, a little nutty, but nice. She has a huge heart, especially for kids and was pretty busy being a foster mom after I turned 8 (until then I was an only child), but still made time for me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My mom was a single mom most of the time when I was growing up and raised me in a nice neighborhood with every advantage possible (private school, credit cards etc). She was also a social butterfly. My aunt lived with us for a time as well and she taught me how to do hair and make up which was great. Once my mom met my dad it was more about social status then anything else. She taught me how to look nice, and how to present myself well. She & I never really got along our personalities clashed. But I had my aunt and she was a great support and like a sister to me. I was raised with a great self esteem and lots of love. I cant complain about my childhood at all.
    I was never spanked. I never had chores. I had people who came in and did some of it for me. I was only expected to act like a good young lady. She was strict about church though. Looking back thats not so bad.

Answer by gemgem at 4:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have a wonderful mother.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My mom was very loving and was always there for us. Now that im older and a mom we've grown closer. I cab honestly say i have the greatest mom
    morenarfr05

Answer by morenarfr05 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I had a great mom, she was a single mother and worked 2 jobs and went to school and still had time to make sure we knew we were loved (I have 3 brothers) I talk to her everyday. She is my example of what a mother should try to do for her kids.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2011