Wisdom teeth

So, I go to the dentist today...fun fun fun

My wisdom teeth are impacted and must come out.
I'm going to be numb and have the laughing gas....has anyone else had their WT taken out this way? Obviously, there will be pain, but...how bad is it?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Health

• i think different people deal with pain differently. I have known people to have this and be fine that day and others to be down for a day or two.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• honestly, i felt no pain during the procedure, and i was really anxious about it so the laughing gas didn't even have the "silly" effect on me, it only made me slightly calmer than panicking. the novocaine shot in my gum really wasn't that bad, and when he pulled the tooth, i just felt A LOT of pressure. the instant relief afterward was completely worth it. and the whole thing, from start to finish, was 15-20 minutes.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yes. I had mine out 9 years ago. Went into the office early in the morning. was put out. When I woke up, the teeth were gone,and the pain wasn't that bad. The only bad part was I got a dry socket, and it had to be packed. But, other than that, it was fine. In fact the next week, I went to Dallas to my son's high school graduation.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i have a high tolerance to pain. i had my wisdom teeth taken out when i was 15, just gas and local. it didnt hurt too bad, ask them to turn up the gas lol. you can feel them and hear it, but the pain is afterward anyway. that and the shots hurt till you are numb. mine werent impacted though. goooood luck!
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• and honestly, i dont remember feeling any pain afterward. i dealt with the pain the actual tooth was causing for YEARS and i had an exposed nerve. that might be why the recovery process wasn't painful to me, but i truly felt no pain afterward. just relief that that damn tooth was out!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• hahahah, thanks ladies....
    I'm more nervous than a cat getting ready to shit razor blades lol
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i had no pain...i felt pretty loopy from the gas though!
    i had all 4 removed at once, but they were not impacted.
    good luck to you!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel, I have to have all 4 pulled because they are growing in sideways at an angle against the tooth in front of each one of them, plus I have to get a 5th tooth pulled as well because even though the dentist said he wouldn't drill open my tooth to fill a cavity there unless he was certain he could reach the whole thing he did it anyways and couldn't do the procedure so therefore I was stuck with a temporary filling and now have to have that pulled to prevent future severe infections that could occur.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011