Giving a presentation about income recovery in a financial disaster

My life's miztvah, to help people find empowerment to recover from financial disaster.

I had asked this question before on CM. I got one post about medical/dental insurance passing the buck when the bill was left unpaid. I will be presenting this (but will also create a CM community posting all solutions.

The presentation will be given to 150 members of the general public. But before I do, I would like some more real life financial crisis to present.
~~~~~
Original post
I am being a part of a presentation for my department to find and solve any underlying reasons why members of our society default on student and consumer loans. I understand that the most common reasons for financial disaster is job loss and layoffs, being oversold on credit, credit card over use, and losing a spouse. But, I also know that a lot of financial disaster come from other sources (that have more detail). All responses I receive will go into the next presentation in April.

I would like to know from all of you moms, what kind of financial disaster can you describe in your life. I ask for NO personal info, just the situation.
~~~~~
(There was a second post stating that prayer would not be appreciated. I won't pray unless you ask me to.)

What financial circumstances would you like to share for me to find a solution?

(This is only an attempt to help, not to put anyone in emotional stress)

Love

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 4:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• DH lost his job in early 2009 but replaced it quickly with a job at a much lower pay rate. going form a 47,000 house hold to a 35,500 house hold. We had just bought a house in 2007. Payments were not being made so we applied for the MHA it has been in the process of being considered for 2 years now. We are now going to move into an affordable apt and allow the house to foreclose or short sale. No decision has been made at this time. During all this We had 2 costly car repairs and had to buy a new car, had to pay a ticket for the wreck that totaled the car and my DS was diagnosed with Autism(that didn't cost anything it was just icing on the cake so to speak).
    Anonymous