Do you think someone can change with God in thier life?

the reason i ask is because some lady told my son that people never change that they just use God as a cover up. I am very upset that she has got him questioning himself noww.

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT ANSWERS, MY SON IS 16 AND A YR AGO  HE FOUND GOD, HE WAS GOING THE WRONG DIRECTION AND DOING SOME BAD THINGS AND IN THE LAST YR I HAVE SEEN SOME GREAT CHANGES IN HIM AND FOR THIS LADY TO SAY THIS TO HIM MADE HIM FEEL LIKE HE WASNT WORTHY OF HAVING GOD IF HIS LIFE. IT REALLY SADDENS ME.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. My family and I have accepted God in our lives and you see the tremendous change, not only in your self, but in your children and siblings... My sister wanted to know nothing of God, and now she is dedicated, to God and the church, its amazing and beautiful... just remind your son, how God has changed your life, how God created us, how everything we have is because of God... it saddens me to hear that an adult would say such a harsh thing to a child.
    Kandis20

Answer by Kandis20 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It is God Himself who changes us through the power of the Holy Spirit who lives inside of us. There have been many times in my life when I wanted to change things about myself, only to learn that I did not have the ability to do so. But when I turned those things over to God, He has changed me. There's a verse of Scripture that says, "From glory to glory, He's changing me." So tell your boy this lady didn't know the Truth and he should keep on trusting!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Well she was wrong. Yes people can change with Gods help. When we turn away from God and deny him is when we get into trouble because were living a life we want and maybe arent doing what God had planned for us. Once we start turning out lives over to God things tend to go more smoothly, and that changes us as people too.

Answer by gemgem at 5:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think people that want to change will change regardles of their beliefs about God
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• All people can change, for a variety of reasons. Change is a choice, with or without God/religion as a motivating factor.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• amen NannyB.
    never underestimate the power of the Holy Spirit(God) in someones life. i've seen Him at work in my marriage where w/o prayer for His power in my marriage, i'm not sure where my husband and i would be. i know we are where we are because God Himself has put us here. God is so good!!!

fordeeperroots

Answer by fordeeperroots at 6:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• People can change with god in their life.
    People can change without god in their life.
    Good or bad change...doesn't matter. We all posess the power and strength within us to change if we truly want too.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• " So tell your boy this lady didn't know the Truth and he should keep on trusting! "

In other words...he should just trust and keep praying instead of actively trying to make any changes within himself that he feels he needs to change?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• That was a lie from the enemy pit. Yes people can change... when they choose to allow them selves to be changed by the Potter as they sit on the Potters Wheel. I see people changing and growing as Christians everyday at my school! Some more radical than others , some more subtle but we are changing daily!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• "people never change that they just use God as a cover up"

So, I am guessing the woman that said this has been a hateful bitch her entire life?

Yes, people can and do change, with or without God.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011