Tight labial frenum (upper frenulum)?

My son was diagnosed as tongue tied at birth and we had it snipped since he had issues nursing. Well he is now almost 6 years old and the dentist (new due to insurance) just informed me that he has a tight upper frenum too. He is in speech therapy for some minor speech issues and while I can find all kinds of information online about the lower frenulum and speech issues I can find nothing on the upper. Any one have any experience with this they would like to share? I am calling his doc tomorrow and emailing his speech therapist at school, but what hoping some of you ladies could help me too with personal experience.

aeneva

Asked by aeneva at 5:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Health

• DD has it. She has a space between her 2 front teeth due to it and may need braces. Some kids fall and rip it - and then it's not a problem. I don't think the upper is an issue except for teeth spacing as DD has perfect pronunciation.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• The teeth thing is actually the only thing the dentist said about it. She said as his adult teeth came in we would watch it and see if it needed clipped.
    aeneva

Comment by aeneva (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011