Lower back pain and fatigue during ovulation?

Every month for a few days around the time I ovulate I get severe lower back pain and I'm more tired than usual. I will get the pinching cramp in my uterus when I actually do ovulate but that's not so bad. Does anyone else get the back pain and fatigue? Is this something I should mention to the OB/GYN? Not sure if it matters but I have the Mirena IUD.

Jonescatnj

Asked by Jonescatnj at 5:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Health

• It doesnt hurt to mention it. I get cramping and spotting when I ovulate. My dr said its fine and just a spike in my hormones. Could be the same in your case. Not sure though. I wouldnt worry about it but Id bring it up at your next visit.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Sometimes I think I feel worse when I ovulate than when I actually have my AF!! I get crampy/achy in my lower abdomen, low back ache, fatigue, even sometimes a little nauseous.
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would go to the doctor if I were you a friend on mine had the same problem and found out she had huge ovarian cysts caused my the mirena. One of them was the size of a grapefruit the doctor said if they had gotten any bigger they probably have caused her to become infurtile
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011