I have no idea what to cook tonight. i was thinking shepherd's pie but..

i have zero vegetables in my house right now. i ran out yesterday and cant get to the store til tomorrow. i have the beef, mashed potatoes, and cheese though. i just feel bad serving something with no veggies! i guess i could serve strawberries for dessert?

other than that i would have no idea what to cook. my pantry is so bare right now, i have some mashed potatoes, yellow & white rice, scalloped potatoes, i have all kinds of beans. i just dont really have anything i can put together and make a meal. i can't make meatloaf because im out of ketchup that i use for my sauce. we had spaghetti already this week.

:( any ideas??

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• supercooks.com is awesome. you type in what you do have and it shoots you out some recipes
    Anonymous

• what kind of beans, and do you have an Cajun spice or onions?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Well rice cooked with onion and some spices like garlic or a cajun mix with the red beans would be good and then like you said have strawberries for dessert.

I need to check out this supercooks.com!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• that site has helped me when monies got tight
    Anonymous

• do you have what you need to just make pancakes with strawberries and eggs for dinner? I love breakfast for dinner night!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• red beans, kidney beans & black beans. and i do have a little bit of chopped onion.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• thanks for both suggestions ladies. i did check out the site and it is pretty awesome!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i would make that, however, i took the beef out yesterday & ended up ordering out instead, so it has to be cooked tonight. errr!! i just discovered a philedelphia cooking creme in my fridge though, so now im entertaining the possibility of just using that to make some kind of SOS meal.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2011