Hardfloor steam mops (please bump if you cant help)

I am going to Sears tomorrow to buy a steam mop. I really want a bissel. What suggestions do you have? Are bissels good? (Im not going for the sweep n steam). TIA!

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes, Bissels are good.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We have a shark steam mop and it works well, but it doesn't get the dirt out of small cracks. We just got a hoover floor mate and that works better, it sweeps, scrubs and drys the floors but I know you said you didn't want a sweep n steam kind
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We also have the shark. DH does the floors and he loves it. We got his mom one for x-mas and she loves it too.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 5:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have a Wagner 905 power steamer: http://www.gleempaint.com/905-power-steamer.html  I have tried other steamers including a Shark, but they just aren't that powerful. The Wagner is very very effective.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thanks ladies! Im kinda sceptical though about Sharks. I have a Shark vacuum and its horrible. Maybe I just had bad luck? lol Not sure but wouldnt be surprised!!
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have the Hoover Floor Mate and hate it. It's loud and heavy and cleans no better than a regular mop. I had a Shark that crapped out as soon as the warranty was up. I'd go with the Bissel.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I love Bissell products. They are pretty much the only thing I will buy. I am about to buy a steamer and I am going to get the Bissell. My mom has the new sweep and steam and she really likes it. She said the vac doesn't work perfectly but she is still happy. I just want the steamer with the carpet attachment. There are a lot of times I don't want to use my steam vac but would just like to surface steam it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I had to dig, but I answered a question about steam mops a while back...here's the link, though I don't know if it will help at all. Good luck whatever you decide!

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/439941/Does_anyone_have_a_Haan_Steam_mop

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i had the bissell steam and vac, or whatever the combo unit is called and it was horrible. i took it back. i had the hoover floor mate and it didn't cut it either. when i returned the bissell last week i got the shark light and easy i think its called (it doesn't vacuum, and is a stick like steam mop) and so far its doing ok. well, i've tried one floor, my kitchen is getting cleaned in a little bit and tahts when i decide if it goes back to target or stays here. lol
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 8:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I had the shark and the first one, I broke the handle...the second one just decided to stop steaming
    jennient3

Answer by jennient3 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011